Monday 1 October 2012

Domestic violence - Whats your take on it????


Yeah, I admit, it takes a real man to walk away, but there are certain instances, the provocation could be so much, you'll need to be 'more than a man' to actually walk away. Lets take an instance. Nothing is more provoking than a woman nagging. When a woman nags, she'll could say anything, as long as she knows it'll hurt, and, it a man's silence to a nagging woman is like that of fuel to fire.


Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying hitting a woman is good. certain men hit their ladies like beasts. this is not what I'mm talking about here. I give kudos to men who can actually walk away. I mean, its easier to take it out at that particular moment than to just turn and walk away from a 7 years relationship. There are times I'v had to hit a lady, and these are moments I regret and I'm not really proud of. Yeah, I know I have issues with anger, and, I'm measures to work on my quick temper, but one thing I'v realized is, these moments where moments of great hurt from someone I hold dear to my heart. I didn't hit because I had the strength or because she was a woman. I didn't hit out of hatred. I actually did hit because of the pain I felt at that particular moment. I was hurt in a way I never imagined I would be, by someone I hold so dearly to my heart. At each of these few moments of my life, I was in tears through the whole time.
Okay, enough of my story. Back to the issue on ground. I and my brothers, and a group of friends were having this argument once. A friend of mine, after saying for about 3 hours that its in-humane to hit a lady, said, its appropriate, once in a while to give a 'reset slap' to 'restore her thinking to initial settings'. I'll say, a man that has never been provoked to wanting to hit a woman has never had a real and serious relationship, and, this is the point where it takes a real man to walk away.
So, over to y'all, whats your take??? Please, be sincere.

No comments: